An Illustrated History

Today, Lindsay & Gilmour is one of Scotland’s largest independent pharmacy chains. The original Lindsay & Gilmour was established in Edinburgh by Robert Lindsay in 1826 and has been trading from the same site in Elm Row at the top of Leith Walk ever since, making it one of the oldest established pharmacies in Scotland. The origins of our company go back another ten years, to 1816, when John Raimes moved to Scotland from Yorkshire and set up business on Edinburgh’s High Street as a ‘Commission Agent’, supplying druggists and apothecaries.

To read more about our history, download a PDF copy here.

An Illustrated History