Lindsay & Gilmour is an award-winning family run company with 30 branches across Central Scotland, Fife and the Scottish Borders. Founded in 1826 we are one of Scotland’s largest independent Pharmacy groups. Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager you will be working within a fast-paced community pharmacy.
Responsibilities and Duties -The Opportunity
- Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager you will be working as either a trainee dispensing assistant at our community pharmacy situated on Crewe Road North, Edinburgh
- During your training period and then once qualified this will be an exciting and varied role, primarily working on the healthcare counter, will be to give advice on the sale of medicines and products to the local community, and when required working in the dispensary with the delivery of all technical aspects of dispensing, dispensary operations and processes
- Working as part of a dynamic team within the pharmacy you possess a natural ability to provide friendly and courteous customer service and have excellent communication skills
- As an integral part of the team you will contribute to the consistent delivery of the highest quality pharmaceutical care to the communities, we serve
Qualifications and Skills -To Be Successful
- Experience of working within a pharmacy is desirable but not essential as full training and support will be provided
- Previous customer service roles, or experience of working in the retail sector would be an advantage
- A Medicines Counter Assistant (NVQ2) qualification or equivalent. However, if you have not previously completed this, you will be supported to complete the relevant training within 6 months of joining the company
Benefits – We Offer
- Full-time position with competitive pay – 40 hours Monday to Friday 09:00-18:00 with 1-hour break
- Staff discount
- Employee benefits scheme
- Excellent training and development opportunities, helping our employees work towards nationally recognised qualifications with professional support and relevant training
Lindsay & Gilmour Pharmacy is an equal opportunities employer.